Not going to lie, I get my best sewing done while show binging on Netflix or some other Internet show watching site.I most enjoy watching crime shows and sitcoms, documentaries and anything fashion related. I recently watched iris and it was EVERYTHING, but that is definitely another post for another day.
I find that although we are literally drowning in content, there have been times I have found myself dry on shows to watch, but I’m not worried and your world shouldn’t end either.
Turn it off and get focused.
There are times during my creative process where having peace and quiet is a major key. Sometimes that means music as well. You should totally try it sometime. Unplug if you don’t necessarily need to be plugged in for your craft. Take the time to reset your thoughts and organize your ideas. In my case, tuning out not only means being at one with my thoughts, but also getting them out in a timely but meaningful manner.
Distraction is the killer time.
Keep it 100%
We all have a family member or two that we know we could live without, but unfortunately due to genetics…
Fear is a natural part of being human, but that does not mean you have to claim it. I’ve been figuring that out for myself as I face my own insecurities surrounding my business.
I’ve been telling my fears to hit the bricks. I’m keeping my distance.
I only acknowledge my fears on occasion.
Why? Because it’s not only healthy, but helpful.
Sometimes we don’t realize that our fears greatly influence the choices we make. So I put my fears to the back of my mind and just keep an eye on it (anyone know the reference from Always Sunny?) and in the meantime, I prefer to stay focused on my next move.
Living so close to a major city, it is pretty easy to get caught in the mix of so much happening at one time. I used to walk around aimlessly as if the ideas were going to just pour into my brain.
Newsflash, it doesn’t always go down like that, and when it doesn’t I started trying to use my five senses to get the juices flowing.
1. Touch: Depending on your art of choice, considering the various textures surrounding you, check out those buildings, but cobblestone on the ground, if you’re weird like me you didn’t actually have to.
2. Taste: Get some ice cream, go and try that new food truck, I am not ashamed to admit: I’m inspired often by food!
3. Smell: Now considering I’m talking about the city, this could end up being really unpleasant but give it a go! My favorite smells come from small shops, next thing you know I’m inside networking.
4. Sight: This one’s easy. When thinking about sight I like to consider my feelings as I explore the city. Sunny days free of sunglasses help me to take in the day wholeheartedly, making me feel warm inside and out.
5. Hear: Take those earphones out and listen up! I once heard a girl complaining about what she didn’t like in a dress she was trying on and you know what I did? I went home and designed her dress for myself. The girl had style. Same can happen for you; we spend so much time browsing our playlists that we miss out on pure gold.
Give your senses a city whirl and then come back and tell me everything.
Listen up, if there’s one thing I know for sure, it’s that my me time is the most major key to living my life the Kristianna way. It’s non-negotiable and I’m not here for people who can’t understand that.
Yeah a little. #SorryNotSorry
I’m a struggling social introvert and after a long day I just simply can’t, won’t, you tried it. And what’s worse is that I used to feel bad about it. I’d suffer in silence through the worst headaches, and put up with putdowns when others could not see past my irritability and my willingness to put up with it all. Girl
One thing I figured out is that people will do whatever it takes to secure them and their’s. Whatever that requires, no matter what that means or looks like to them.
Protect your space.
Protect your peace.
There is nothing wrong with taking care of you, and yours. If you need to recharge, reset, or refocus you should be able to do that,
They say the best things in life are free but I’ll tell you what’s not:
MESSAGE: People only understand the value of time and money when it directly affects them. Don’t take it personally, but do tell these freeloaders no!
No, you may not get “the hookup” on my work after I’ve spent my hard-earned money to make it do what it do.
No, you may not get a percentage off just because you know me, and you damn sure can’t have anything for free unless you plan to put in some work promotionally. This was really hard for me at first but as I’m coming into my brand it’s definitely been necessary.
In the beginning, I gave out so much free stuff just looking for exposure which isn’t always a bad thing if there’s a mutual agreement (future post for sure). When I look back on how much I’ve spent and how much I’ve given away, it’s absolutely embarrassing and it’s because I was giving folks the hookup.
I’m begging you DO NOT DO IT.
Especially if you know you can afford it. If you’re reading this and you actually know me, don’t be upset.
Next time pay me.
The best support in this game is monetary.